Friday, February 27, 2009

Gitmo Chicago

And that is why I can stand here tonight and say without exception or equivocation that the United States of America does not torture. -- President Barack Obama

And yet, to look at this photo of Oliver you might call me a traitor, un-American, in direct defiance of the leader of the free world.

What was I doing to him, you ask? Well, the same thing I do to him every day. Changing his diaper and/or changing his clothes.

When he was a little thing, he freaking LOVED the changing table. It was the go-to spot for whenever he was fussy. Even when he wasn't in need of a change, it brought smiles and laughs as he engaged with his lion mobile above head. But, no, not now. No way!

I've truly come to dread the whole endeavor. I'd leave him in the same outfit day in and day out if I didn't think the daycare would report me. I don't know what his problem is.

I guess I should be thankful that he's not any squirmier than he is. It's only the rare occasion that he tries to turn over and gets up on all fours up there. But really, I can't wait til he outgrows this phase. And for some reason it doesn't make a difference if I try to change him on the floor instead. And it doesn't make a difference if it's the strip-down or the cover-up part of the exchange. He's simply inconsolable.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor kid. Stop torturing him and just let him go nekkid. I could barely recognize him in those photos!

weisswoman said...

boys like to hang out in stinky pants period! it's such a battle at our place i fear i will be overpowered soon and i will be the one with my pants changed!